Upon successful completion of the programme, students will have a solid linguistic and pedagogical base as well as classroom experience gained through observation and supervised teaching.
The Community Assistance Programme (CAP) is offered to Diploma in TESOL students who want to give back to the community while attending the diploma programme.
Premier College rewards such commitment towards the community by offering to subsidize the tuition fee of participating students by 30% (an aggregate value of RM6300 from the total fees)*.
The CAP is aimed at helping the community benefit from the expertise that TESOL students are exposed to at Premier College. Spearheaded by Premier College, CAP students will provide support to primary and secondary school students in a variety of practical activities. The students will also contribute to miscellaneous activities conducted by Premier College at events and in the campus.
Estimated Allocation of CAP Hours:
||Semester 3 (short)
|Total No. of Weeks in Semester
|No. of Instruction Weeks in Semester
|Community Service Weeks available in Semester
|Community Service hours per semester
|Total Community Service hours per academic year
Participants will volunteer 40 hours of time and service during long semesters (January and May intakes) and 20 hours during short semesters. In total, 100 hours of dedicated service per academic year is required.
This Programme is eligible for PTPTN loan:
|Diploma in TESOL
Online Application Procedures
||Open a Skim Simpanan Pendidikan Nasional (SSPN) account.
(Note: All PTPTN applicants must open a SSPN account before applying. Minimum deposit to open an account is RM20.00. A SSPN account can be opened at any Maybank, CIMB bank, Bank Simpanan Nasional, Agro Bank, Bank Rakyat and Bank Islam)
||Open a Personal Savings Account at Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad
||Purchase the PTPTN PIN number from Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) for RM5.00 (valid for 6 months only). Please keep the receipt for website log-in purposes.
||Log on to http://www.ptptn.gov.my/gateway/
Follow the instructions provided. You are to ensure that all your personal details and required information are keyed-in correctly as any minor error may result in your application being rejected.
Click ‘cetak maklumat’ to print the e-application form once completed and meet with your PTPTN officer to go through the information entered to make sure it is correctly keyed-in. Ensure that you submit your online application before the closing date (See below).
Please take note that PTPTN will process your online application only after the closing date.
||PTPTN will notify you via email/sms OR you can log onto http://www.ptptn.gov.my/gateway/ to check on your application status.
Closing Dates of PTPTN Loan Applications:
- 30 January
- 30 May
- 30 September
- 30 October
Should you have any difficulty in logging-in to the PTPTN website, please contact
Unit 1 & 2A, 2B
Level 2, Stesen Sentral Kuala Lumpur
50470 Kuala Lumpur
Contact Number: +603 2080 4455
Opening Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm (Monday to Thursday)
8.30am – 12.15pm; 2.45pm – 5.00pm (Friday)
When Your Online PTPTN Loan Application is Approved
You are required to submit the supporting documents stated below to the PTPTN officer.
Important: All documents have to be on A4-size paper and printed on a single side only.
1. Programme Letter of Offer
2. PTPTN Loan Agreement and Letter of Offer
3. Maklumat Permohonan Pembiayan (printed from the Online Application)
4. A copy of your NRIC (back & front)
5. SPM Certificate
6. Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad Savings Account Details
7. Parent’s LATEST salary slip/BE Form/Income Tax Form/Payment Voucher OR
Parents, who are not working, need to provide their Kad Pesara or fill up the Income Verification Form (Borang Pengesahan Pendapatan)
Only the Income Verification Form (Borang Pengesahan Pendapatan) has to be certified true and witnessed by one of the authorities below:
- Principal or School Headmaster/Headmistress/Senior Assistant of Student Affairs (Government Schools only)
- Professional and Management Group of Government Officers (formerly from Category A)
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Justice of Peace/Government State Secretariat Committees (State Executives)
- Village Penghulu/Village Headman (Penggawa)/Longhouse Head (Tuai Rumah)/Tribal Leader (Ketua Kaum)/Commissioned District
- Member of The State Assembly (Wakil Raykat) – The official stamp must be used
- Advocates and solicitors – The official stamp must have the legal firm’s complete name and address
- Signature and validation stamp from Commissioners of Oath (Pesuruhjaya Sumpah) are no longer acceptable.
- Students who are applying or have applied for the PTPTN loan are required to pay their FULL programme fees due.
- Confirmation of PTPTN loan approval is based solely on the official DISBURSEMENT LIST sent by PTPTN to Premier College.
- Students must obtain a minimum GPA 2.0 to be eligible for the 2nd payment and onwards.